Why me?Why me?Why me?

I dont believe what happened today.Highly atypical San behaviour.I mean I could mark this day as a watershed in my life...

Ask anyone who knows me.Ask them whether I am a honest person.Ask them bluntly.I expect an answer to the tune of "No he is a conniving,decieving cheating bastard!".And thats from my better friends.And I dont mind that.Its all in the name of fun and I dont anything illegal.Almost nothing that is...

It all happened in Physics class.As the prof brought in the papers ,all the students waited with bated breath for the papers to be distributed.And in the customary practice of any prof he continued to take class as if nothing had happened.As the hour neared its end, he gave the papers and I had to wait a agonsing 50 or so names before my paper came.And I wasnt expecting anything grand.Maybe a 15/20?Anything more would be a delight.And guess what...I got a 20...

So whats this dumbfuck trying to do?He first starts some shit about honesty and then goes on to blow his own trumpet?Maybe hes drunk.

No No.The rest of the story follows.

So I realise I had done a mistake and by the laws of logic(and common sense) this implied I couldnt get 20.Thats when I see theres a totalling error .Thats when it happened.The unpredictable and in retrospect the impossible.I went up to the guy and told him there was a totaling mistake.(for which he blankly stared at me since he had initially assumed I had come to ask for more marks and I had to explain that the arithmetic was on the higher side).

And as I walked away from that elusive Physics paper which carried a 20/20 I realised I felt strangely satisfied.A sense of disgust too for having done what I had just done but strangely happy nonetheless.

Some people say "One good turn deserves another."

Im waiting...

Comments

now that is beautiful......
thing is...in delhi, in the factory in which i studied...this was expected of us...and so i got very used to it...nobody asked for more marks...and if they got more...they got it reduced...now you may argue that it didnt matter...perhaps it didnt...but still...its the principle of it..."you have the right only to labour, not the fruits of labour"...thing is...there's always the question wether you would have reduced it if you got 10 or 12 or something...i mean...20 helps...but still...but still...beautiful...congrats da...o yeah...blog...i had wanted it private because...well...i had intended it to be pretty private...but anyways...shamnath has pasted it all over his...so...go see it if you want...not too great...i aint half as interesting a guy u know...:P...anyways...thanks da...made my day...i am BOFi
San said…
I appreciate your comments Bofi,but do you have to insist on using those damned ... so frequently?I mean I too like using those things but within some limit da.

And whats with the I am Bofi everytime?Just write that when you change your identity and are no longer Bofi.Unless otherwise specified I shall interpret TheBofi's comments to be from Bofi.No outright declarations...
Suresh said…
The dumb prof hasn't forgotten you! Your simple act gave me hope that there were still honest people in this world.

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!