At the stroke of midnight

What really does happen when the clock strikes 12 am?Or as those in the army put it 0-hundred hours.A brief insight into this question follows.

For the junta who get up real early to clean the room(!), have bath(!!) and perform other such blasphemous activites, 12 o'clock they have but seen while at lunch.Otherwise its just another hour they sleep away in perfect bliss.When I was in school I never used to sleep late.Not much of an early riser too.But the latest I had been up was 12:15 while doing a record which was due 2 weeks later.I was hajjr punctual ; the key word of the sentence being 'was'.Moving on....

For the junta who have a quiz the next day, 12 o'clock symbolises that time when there is no longer 1 more day left for the quiz.Its time .(here quiz~exam).Its that time when understanding and reason give way to pure information storing , hopefully well enough to reproduce it the next day.But then there are some subjects this strategy cannot be used.But then we arent talking about that now are we?

Finally we come to the group of normal junta.Or rather groups.The Hakuna Matata junta.Those who are just chillin it.Those who tell themselves "Que Sara Sara".Those whose primary aim in life is to watch movies and more movies and then put up festivals dedicated to great directors.(Those who sms me at arbit times and ask me to call arbit junta for some arbit work of theirs).For these junta 12 o'clock is the time to do whatever they want.But then so is any other time.So it isnt a big deal then for these junta too...

I probably have left many other significances of 12am.Its probably the time when some cindermaid has to return to her house or the time Zee Mgm comes to life.Atleast used to.
Or maybe ,just maybe ,its the time some stud somewhere sits in his hostel room listening to the best Yanni music he has ever listened to tired from all the footer he played and ready to see the film for today (whatever it be ) blogging for the world to see...Maybe.

Comments

Shamanth said…
Hey, yellmutt... That's cheating... I bet you set the time to 12:00 when you posted the message..

Anyway, Helmet the midnight cowboy....
San said…
First of all whats all this childish comments about cheating? Who am I cheating? For God sakes why?

Anyways I was around 2-3 minutes short so I decided to up the time to 12 so as to complement the post and apparently I succeeded since you noticed...
Shamanth said…
You're cheating the esteemed patrons of your blog, da... That, of course, is, ahem, me... No one else is as jobless...

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!

Hey, I lost a week somewhere