Things change,people change

The title is one of my best excuses whenever someone asks me a question whose answer Im either ignorant of or choose to be ignorant of.However here it seems apt to describe the current hostel life albeit only three days have passed.

One of the biggest changes to the hostel has been the private caterers in the mess.Somehow many people seem to dislike the food and prefer the old staff and the grub.I , however, feel that the new system is far more organised, efficient and overall gives a touch of "class" to the otherwise insipid mess of ours.One point I do feel pained about is that they seem to offer too many extras ergo multifold increase in the already staggering mess bills --- No pain , no gain?

People seem to be engrossed in whatever they're doing which is strange because as I said already its been only three days since the semester dawned .So either they are mugging in advance(refer room no. #129,Narmad and #123,Mandak) , or they're caught up doing whatever they can in order to counter the queasy boredom.This kind of boredom arises from having much to do but having a reason for not doing any of them.Yes clearly I am one of the latter...

Having not played any sports during the hols has definitely taken its toll.Just two days of footer has led to general leg pain especially of the sole of the feet (which arose due to playing barefoot 'cause someone actually stole my half damaged, highly used, unbelievably stinky footer shoes which I left behind in the hols).I should perhaps stick to playing FIFA ...

I seem to playing so much more quake than ever before .And yet I seem to be becoming worse than before :(.I had this theory about sports that the less you play it, the better you become. It worked with my carroms spree in 3rd sem and also sorta with baski last sem.Maybe I should give quake a break and do something else.But what? See a movie? No enthu.Chat with friends ? Listen to music? Really how much time can I go on doing that? (I spent an hour listening to only one song again and again :Dhoom). And on top of that, no more enthu. Write a post? Maybe.But it will have to be about something very silly and substanceless.Perfect....point proved.

Yours Vacuously,
Me

Comments

bharath said…
well you seem to contridict urself in your post. ur title says things change, people change... but ur content indicate that some people never change (ref: your ref)
San said…
If you are refering to #129 and #123 then your point is noted and I just would like to add that for any generalisation there are exceptions and it is these exceptions which are pains in the ass...
Shamanth said…
Is
change
inevitable?

Not
from
a
bus
conductor.

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!