Requiem for a dream

For quite some time now I have been searching for the movie of the above name. Before I went into the movie I had various notions to how the movie was going to be, from the people who had seen it."Intense" was a common comment as was "extremely good".Thota even said "it was a kind of movie after seeing which you wouldnt be able to see any other movie for quite some time ".Vipin agreed.But nothing could have prepared me for this...

There are some movies which leave a mark in your mind...burn a mark rather. And these movies arent the hollybood blockbusters but more often the less known yet critically acclaimed films.Machan this one movie was like that.Following the lives of four individuals who somehow or the other become addicted to drugs, this movie goes all out in depicting how bad , nay, unbelievably bad ones life can become with drug abuse.

After the movie ended, I felt empty all over and totally psyched.And I cant explain it.Ive never known any drug users and thus the ability of this film to portray what it did and how it did was just incredible.

Theres one more thing.The background score.I cant seem to get enough of it.Last sem when Goda told me to listen to it, I thought what da general music without any words...but now .... its just amazing.

I might sound deluded to most of you who havent seen this movie.And to those who saw this movie way back when it was released I might sound awefully late.Nonetheless I felt this movie was one to be recorded about.

I guess this movie is best summed up by Praveen who said "If you have never taken drugs and you see this movie, I promise you, you will NEVER take them."

The song ,man, the song...

Psyched-all-over
Me

Comments

Sappoux said…
yeah da, this is the kinda movie that gives you a rude shock. you wont know what hit you. very strong movie da.

P.S.- for (comic) relief, go watch Captain's movies! :-P
bharath said…
i havent yet seen the movie, though junta told me about it. You have increased the urge to watch it...

sapo, nee yenniki captain purantha nirutha pora?

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

C'est la vie