Gone with the wind

Heck, I aint talking about the movie.Im refering to Saarang: mother of all culfests.3 days down.Here is a brief report of my thoughts re my original goals and plans on the days lost...
Day #1: Pack... 4 days to go...lets just enjoy ourselves
Day #2: Pack... 3 days to go...lets do something useful though
Day #3: Give up...I totally understand how 4th years feel.

And thus, our valiant protagonist who began the culfest quite optimistically, settled for a more realistic outlook later and finally has ended up with such a pessimistic view.But life has been highly enjoyable nevertheless.

Day 1 began on an excellent note with Nokia offering great music where unbelievably untalented dancers such as yours truly were able to dance to his hearts content.And the rock show ,which belied musical hopes ,was highly entertaining otherwise cause of the company I kept and of the vehement headbanging (which subsequently resulted in substantial neck pain till today...)and amazing hindi songs rendered when there were techincal difficaulties experienced.Some general pains had to drowned out with a spiritful endeavour :D.

Day 2 was boring with my Scrabble Prelims being the only highlight in the otherwise uneventful day.Choreo nite was highly overrated and the grand efforts I went through in order to attend it were hardly justified.However one very funny incident not to be forgotten was the conversation between L2 and Country and more importantly the face of L2 which best can be disturbed as a frightfully comic mix of disgust, curiosity and pain. I did get to meet Akshay after a long time as his team performed in Decibals.

Today was highly painful...until the night.Morning was consumed in a fuzzy haze of nothingness (mainly Dramatics).And then were the Scrabble QFs I had to conduct.I pity the people who have no work during Saarang.(Cashing is implicitly considered as work...!@#$@!@#$).But as night fell on us unsuspecting IITians for after we spectated Decibals Finals and then the LM group Finals, we still knew not of the French band Matmatah and how they would change our day...

So 2 songs done, Matmatah had proved themselves a worthy band.As of then, the pit was full of chairs and there was hardly anyone dancing.And then it happened.A passing reference by the lead singer to stand up and start dancing.Well then, the "rockually" frustrated audience obliged and all hell broke loose.Contents of the performance are quite unclear now though I remember the following happening in some order or the other...dancing,headbanging,jumping over barriers, dancing on the stage with the band and finally shouting my f*cking throat out without the slightest idea as to the meaning of the french lyrics of the songs(mostly french).

MATMATAH ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day ended with Narmad junta generally putting accounts of the days gone by and the funny incidents encountered along the way .Popular characters in the latter include Balls (now rebaptised Stratfart) and Country, who is at his country-best.Poor was Sai who was Country's sidekick in many stories, however hard he tried not to be.

And the recollections reminded me of that thing I have called my blog.That neglected piece of virtual memory which I ought to update.So...here I am.

In retrospect, I quote a very great man (yes yes me only) when he told a friend when she had asked him why he had no girlfriend(s) : "Ill think about it after IIT. " Though then it was probably only a comment which had no actual bearing, I perhaps need to rethink how true it need be.

"Despo-me-Despo-you-Despo-everyone"lly
Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

C'est la vie