Saarang's almost here!!! Touche!

Warning: The contents of this post are to be read keeping in mind what IITians attempt to do during Saarang.Most of the failures described here bear absolute reference to the author's life and all characters portrayed here represent real life people.


My first year at IIT was all about having fun though I distinctly remember that I used to study much more.Seniors were fun to hang around with and I was introduced to the great game of football.Hostel life was excellent although almost all of us localites could at best be described as quasi hostelites since we spent only about 4 nights in the hostel.

But when I heard about Saarang and the possiblities one had with all the inflow of people (read females) into IIT during the same, it was a feeling of ecstacy.Pure joy.An IITian and this? Thats awesome.I put majar strat and joined to fight for the cause as a catering vol.For you see every person who came to Saarang need not attend every event.But they sure needed to grub!!! That was the plan. But alas fate decided just to taunt me (and how...) and as fast as it began, Saarang ended. I reminded myself three years to go; It'll be better...

Second year came and by the time I was in the fourth sem, ready for Saarang to begin, I was sure this time around I would be far more uh... vigilant. But again for some unknown reason ,though I do remember it being a lot of fun, I still did not take advantage of the opportunities and I sort of gave up mid way. The proshows were great though...just got to pick the right place to audience...I learnt many lessons (Wise Confucius says it is better to kill a mosquito with a swatter than a cannon). And I still had two years to go...

This year, well, this year its gonna be different.Oh yes.I have company to help me.One for all and all for one....not exactly.Many for all and all for many? Ya something like that.I have friends and we have decided to attack Saarang differently this year.As a team.For you see, on further reflection, it is only because of being a lone individual that Saarang did not bear sufficient fruit. But as a team I see much progress can be attained.

Also since I am the coord of a proper event this time round (Scrabble) I must be wise (unscrupulous) enough to be able to choose the finalists. Im sure Shorty is with me on this one .:D. I was actually thinking about using the Scrabble prelims to my advantage...mwhahaha (explanations after Project DespoHelmet succeeds)

So Saarang, this time round Im ready.Ready and armed with a two-pronged fork .Ready and raring to go.So gimme your best shot (please please please gimme your best shot ... :D)

Touche!

Despo_MAXively yours,
Me

PS: This is one demented / intoxicated reporter and his article : Read This
Lmfao @ that...

Comments

Jah said…
armed and equipped and raring to go
10, 9, 8......
Guess what...I get to report on you junta:):)
So put up a good show please....

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!