A wish upon a shooting star

Have you ever just seen the stars? Not a momentary glance.I mean seen them. In all their glory. The twinkling brilliant points in the endless bluish-black night sky. And the clouds meandering through resulting in a heavenly game of hide-and-seek. Lying on your back, looking up at the sky, friends by your side, star gazing.I tell you, you dont need no booze to get high. The very sight of the star-studded night can do that.Believe you me.

And as we lay on the top of the mess, between the 3rd and 4th wings, we started describing what we could make out of the ambling clouds. There were dragons, elephants and fighting men amongst other things. Sketches on the vast expanse of space.

And time passed by ...

Suddenly we saw what we thought was either a meteorite or a falling satellite. Being the optimistic souls that we are, we decided to consider the third option ie it was a shooting star.(It was going too fast to be one but hey who's stopping us from imagining what we want to imagine?). And then we all wished on the shooting star. And then for some time, silence.Not the unnerving kind. More the serene and comfortable kind.

There are some places which makes you feel calm irrespective of the mood you're in and the troubles you're facing. For each their own. Their place of solace. Their place of tranquility. For me it is probably the balcony which is the top of our mess. In the night. And a clear sky.

(takes a deep breath and clears his head)

Saw the movies Almost famous and Closer. Almost famous was very entertaining because like any good film there was a character we want to be and (probably more importantly) a person we'd like to love (Kate Hudson ;) ). Rather late to be seeing the film, but then there are so many movies and only one of me. :) .

Closer was well, different. Excellent but different. There were certain elements of that film which made it so good that I have to say this is a must-see. The story involved but four characters (Natalie Portman :drools: ) and can best be described as a controversial one in a conservative society as ours but one which will gel well with us younger generation crowd.( Such a vivid description without revealing any part of the story. *phew*. ) And the song. The song. "Blower's Daugther" by Damien Rice is hardly an impressive name. But ever since I saw the movie and heard the song, I havent listened to anything else. (These short addictive bouts are getting to be annoying. But til it lasts, you just have to listen to that one song.)

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new


Listen to the song. Though I guess you have to see the movie to really connect with the song.And I reiterate : must-see.




Comments

Varuag said…
Well you are are one of the few regular bloggers so why dont you give rss feeds on your blog ? It will be really convenient............in between your blogs make a worthy read ..............keep up ur habbit of regular postings and hopefully it will rub to goda and das and perhaps me too
San said…
SPECIAL MENTION : Sabi recommended the movie. :D.

I saw the movie a second time yesterday :).Im happy someone other than me was also crazy about the song...:P. Lol @ running the official website to listen to the song.

And about updating your blog....

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!

Hey, I lost a week somewhere