Of Moviethons and a beach trip

(Sleisha long post ~Not bofish but long nonetheless)

Practically life has hit a new nadir with levels of joblessness reaching unsurmountable depths. Life can now be sustained with just movies, football and quake.And when I say movies, I mean a lot. In fact enough to write a post about. Alas I have more.;).In brief:

Movies, Movies everywhere (and not all we should see)

Friday:

Ray - Amazing movie.Take a bow Jamie Foxx. Might I add, excellent company for the movie :).

Finding Neverland - Double in Satyam after a long time.Dasan and I wanted to see it so badly... (in spite of the fact that he looked so crashy). A brilliant movie. I thought it was awesome. The end actually gave me goose bumps (in a good way).

Saturday:

Meet the Fockers - I was thinking of watching this in Satyam until I realised everyone, I mean EVERYONE, had already seen it. And yes I am now fockerised. Somehow feel the first one was funnier? Curse of the sequels?

Wet Hot American Summer - Dasan's mistake #1.Claims he scrolled through it and found it good. Some crap spoof movie. I should have crashed instead of watching it.Yawnnn!!!!

Alexander - Apparently this epic movie (imdb reports 179 minutes) was shortened to a measly 1:45 hours by someone .We got to see their examples of bad editing and of course, drunk-monkey-operating. (should get this term patented/trademarked/copyrighted)

Sunday:

8 mile - Eminem's story was captured amazingly (running out of adjectives). I thought the film was very entertaining and a must-see for anyone who appreciates his songs.

Astronauts wife -Dasan's mistake #2 .All I can say is, very boring and vague.Disinteresting even.

Beach trip

One of us quipped friday night that we should go to the beach. Another added, it would be wonderful to see the sunrise. And all of us agreed, saturday morning would be ideal for it.(All of us is some 6 of us.:D) And thus, it was proposed that we would wake at ~5 and cycle to the beach to see the sunrise.

As expected, all of us crashed and saturday went "sunrise-at-the-beach"less.

Then Saturday night, the idea is once again raised and this time we are prepared. Thota puts nightout and wakes up junta. Thus that which sounded improbable was done. We were awake (almost) and cycling to the beach.

And the beach was breathtaking. Im not much of a nature-describer, but lets just say its a sight worth getting up at 5 for. The reddish-orangish sun rose through the scarce clouds that enveloped its intial moments and as it rose, the golden rays of light that sparkled on the rushing waves made a mental picture that will remain etched in my mind forever. Brilliant.

Yeah, we made fools of ourselves pushing each other in the water and were practically soaked head to toe and moving barrels of salty water by the time we decided to cycle back. But the experience was amazing and we have tentatively decided to try this every week (*cough*nicest try*cough*).

Beautiful.

Song for the asking ;)

U2 is one of the those bands who have stood the test of time. And one of those bands who have impressed me throughout my short life of (gulp) 20 years. I never ever imagined I could one day quantify my age in terms of something that sounds like a term from a hostory book - "2 decades". Anyways, irrespective their most amazing song is a somewhat recent one, and one which has decided to stick to my playlist for some time now - The Hands that Built America.

Last saw your face
In a watercolored sky
As sea birds argue A long goodbye

I took your kiss
On the spray of a new lined star
You gotta live in your dreams
Don't make them so hard

Of all of the promises
Is this one we can keep
Of all of the dreams
Is this one still out of reach

And finally some links (after a loong time)

One for the bored enough to read - Taj Mahal

One for the bored enough to see - Idiot

.

Comments

bharath said…
You are quite a lot of movies da. i am jealous of you to find time to watch so many movies, do ur duty as "lit-sec" to a very decent level, given the level of our hostel junta, be a part of every goddamn fart session, still attends enuf classes to not get a "W" and also puts fight for assignments and stay in a single-digit BP.

omigod... helmet i bow to u
San said…
Wow...a compliment of gigantic levels...

*beaming face*
thanks thanks thanks
Anonymous said…
Oi... Helmet...

Thanks for the compliment da...You did mean me na??? lol...

What say , we go for Shall We Dance on 29th?? And pain vipin lots more..I'm pretty sure he hates me already..lol

Anyway hope u're having fun in Coorg (is it??)

And yeah..You know..turns out u are famous..and major stud too...from what I hear...lol...Am regretting all the minor digs I took at you that day..lol..but if you have forgotten...yay me..
Jah said…
merc....
why daa ???
Mercury said…
Because.....Movies are so much fun...and so is paining bobo..and you...But I think I better quit while i'm ahead..

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

C'est la vie