You're it!

I was recently tagged by my dear friend Dasan to write 20 points about myself. A simple task, you say? Hahah, I say. But then that's probably because I can't too anything just as simple as it sounds. It has to be unique. It has to have the Helmet touch!

(0) I talk too much. Clearly I am quite egotistic and I know it. As if I care.

Onwards then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave was waiting for fifteen minutes now. "I have something important to tell you, come to the beach immedaitely".He heard her voice as he replayed the message over and over in his head. He was growing more and more anxious since the minute hand was nearing 12.

"Hi". He turned around only to see a friendly face but not the one he was waiting for. "Richard, Hi. What are you doing here?"

(1)"Well, I absolutely love the sunrise and the sunset. Sunsets more actually. It somehow makes me feel so peaceful."

"Oh I see." Dave was still nervously looking around for her to come. "What about you?", asked Richard.

(2)"Music. Currently its Eric clapton's voice. Layla. I can never get enough of that song. Can't really explain it. However truth is I can't even fully remember the lyrics..."

"Dude, I was asking what you're doing here!", Richard laughed as he butted in. "Oh, I'm waiting", Dave replied. "For whom, God? ", Richard asked smiling. "No. I don't believe there's a God.", Dave replied. Richard mused,

(3)"I, for one, completely believe in God. However, I think the concept of God is too rigid. God need not a omnipresent all-powerful entity. He is definitely someone special capable of things humans can't. But God should not be feared."

"Oh, ok". Dave looked at the watch again. "Whats taking her so long?", he thought to himself. "Well, anyways, who is it you're waiting for then?", Richard persisted. "Umm, noone", Dave mumbled and in an attempt to change the conversaiton he added, "Did you see the match in which AC Milan lost to PSV?"

(4)"I love football as it is the king of games. And AC Milan are the king of Kings. So what if they lose a game or two? That still doesn't take away the fact that they are the best team in the world. What with Shevy, Maldini, Pirlo, Kaka, Nesta..."

"Well Well, chill." "Hey that's a good idea. I'm going to have an icecream there", Richard said as he pointed to a nearby stall. Richard continued, "I'm going to have me one with no nuts". "No nuts?".

(5)"Yes, I aboslutely hate nuts. All nuts except peanuts. Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts,..all crap. Please don't desecrate my lovely icecream with these Satanic elements."

"Well, ok then. Though I can't understand how that works", Dave said uninterested. Richard went on, "Hey have you read the new book titled Shantaram? A friend of mine said it was great!".

(6)"I hardly read books. I get sudden enthu for reading books for like a week or so when I voraciously consume half a dozen books of varying genres. However I must add that of all the authors, I find Somerset Maugham to be the best albeit I have read only two of his books."

"That's a pity that you don't read books. What about movies? Does monsieur have time to see movies atleast?", Richard quipped. "No, I don't have much time for that too. What about you?", Dave asked out of courtesy. Richard, happy to have elicited a question out of Dave, answered with much zest,

(7)" I am a movie freak. I have seen so many movies that I hardly even keep count these days. Classics, action, suspense, romance, everything! I love Tarantino and Kubrick mostly because they are different and they make you think. But then I love comedy and romance too. Romantic comedies! Meg Ryan totally rocks! And Elisha Cuthbert is the most beautiful person on Earth!"


"You're done?", asked Dave rather sarcastically. "Hehe, yes I am. Hey have you decided what you're going to do after college?". Dave replied his standard dialogue,

(8) " As of now I have no idea what I'm going to do. To pursue an MBA or to take up a job. I'm currently more inclined towards taking up a job, consultancy, but then for that to happen many parts have to fall in place. But I'm optimistic."

"Hmm, well I am going to app. Off to the States", said Richard as he motioned a plane lifting off with his hand.

(9) "Well, to each, his own. His/her. That's like the motto of my life"


"Yes yes, I agree. But out of curiosity are you averse to higher studies or to going abroad?", Richard asked as he finally got his butterscotch icecream. "Damn these idiots, I said no nuts. $%$^$#$^", he shouted as he started picking the nuts and throwing them away one by one. "I'm sorry, Dave, you were saying?"

(10) "Only to the first. I'm not very interested in higher studies. However I have no reason why I should not go abroad. From the places I have travelled to and seen, there are quite a few where I would love to live for some time. England for one and Singapore for another. But Switzerland is the most beautiful place I have ever seen."

"I see. AH, another cashew! Dammit!", cursed Richard. Finally enjoying the conversation, Dave attempted at the questioning, "So, Richard, what's the one thing you regret not having done?". "Not having done ever?". "Yes, ever. That is to say in your life so far.", Dave answered. "Hmmm, a thinker", Richard replied.

(11) "The first crush I ever had, I never told her I liked her. I actually have never told any girl I like her let alone have had a crush on her. Hmm, I wonder where she is now and what she is upto..."

"Oh, I think I know who it is... ", Dave smiled. "Ah phooey, its from a long time ago dude. So, I have a question for you. What is the one thing you are happy that you did?". "Well, that's easy...". Richard interruped him, "Non academic". "Oh...

(12) Well, thats too difficult to answer. There isn't one thing I am most happy about. However I am very happy about all the choices I have taken in my life so far. I am content, satisfied. I wouldn't be human if I said I didn't want more. But as things stand there is nothing drastic I would want changed."

"That's cool man. Hey, have you seen my new bike?". "Nay dude, I haven't". "C'mon let me show you...", They walked til they reached the road. Richard exuded pride as he pointed to a shining new bike, "This baby is really hot na?"

(13) "Well, personally I care jack shit for bikes. Something unnatural about them. I don't mind them, its not as if I dislike them. But the fact is I could never love them. Not the same way I love a car. A ferrari. That perfection of a four-wheeled machine. There was a ferrari in the movie 'The Scent of a Woman', starring the all-time greatest actor Al Pacino. Now, that is something I would say was Hot!!!"

"Oh, I see. Well, as you said, to each his own, right?". "Right. Das ist richtig." "You know German?", Richard asked.

(14) "I have a crazy appetite for langauges. I really want to learn as many as I can. I know English, Hindi, Tamil, German and a little bit of Telugu and a few words of French. But I want to learn more!

By the way, I didn't quite realise it until now, but its been quite a while since I last saw you. What have you been upto? Mugging??". Richard almost choked on his icecream, as he blurted out, "No, no, no, no. Infact it is just this addictive computer game laconicly named quake.

(15) Quake thrills me and excites me every time I play it. I suppose it is the same feeling any addict gets. The rocket jumps, the rail shots, the this, the that, etc man! Everything and everyone. Thats what has been keeping me busy nowadays. And I spurn the ignorant fools who speak ill of these games."

"Awesome. And I hear you're quite a decent player too." "Hey, thanks", Richard said. All this while, they had been walking down the road adjoining the beach. Richard was amazed by the number of people Dave knew or rather who knew Dave, who kept greeting him. "How is it ", Richard asked, "that so many people know you?".

(16) "Friends are one thing I am oh-so-happy to have. So many of them. Friends, or rather acquaintances, for I should be careful in using such a powerful word so easily. You must agree I'm quite the friendly guy. I like knowing more and more people. Chatting, mailing, orkutting, meeting people on blogspot or just plain old social interaction. I guess the cynics call it attention seeking. I suppose that's true too."

"Cool, cool. You should help me out with all these stuff. I'm not too good with people. By the way, you blog too?". "Yes I do, but I do it anonymously. Helps me to write with much more freedom", explained Dave. "Interesting thing you brought up, anonymous blogging. Just the other day, I heard these words '...some people blog just for the ego massaging comments they get in exchange for it they do the same for some other poor idiot...'.

(17) I really envy the idealists. Especially the ones who practise what they preach. To truly do what you feel is something I've longed to do. Heck, I don't even speak what I think these days. Moreover, I'm easily smitten and confused by the words of idealists which more often than not are filled with long esoteric although appropriate exemplary words. I love using such big words, but in my case they just sound contrived.


"Well well. Idealism in this world is as silly as George Bush running for presidency one more time and winning it." "Dude, Dave", Richard guffawed, "it happened once already, I suppose it can happen again quite as easily." "Huh, yeah whatever, I meant one more time...", Dave replied rather sheepishly knowing well that he had been caught red handed making a mistake.

(18) "I really wish that the countries of this world will be ruled by intelligent people, like say Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India although how much power he really wields is debatable. I, for one, am not against dictatorships for it is blatantly clear throughout history that countries under dictatorships progress fastest.

I know there are black sheep in any family. So don't quote Mugabe or someoneelse.", Dave ended his rather political speech. "I couldn't care less for all that. Frankly I am more concerned about short term wishes.

(19) I can't wait to learn French and Japanese. But I have other wishes too. To go to Morocco, to bungee jump, to travel in a submarine and to attend a concert by Eric Clapton."


"Ah Mon Cher, those are truly wonderful wishes. I, for one, would love to do all of them too!". "Well, how nice of you to say that," Richard continued, "but remember this. I heard this but a few days back, but it seems to make so much sense.

(20) I am who I am and you are who you are. If I am who I am because you are who you are and you are who you are because I am who I am, then I am not who I am and you are not who you are. That is somewhat of one of the greatest universal truths.

One which is true irrespective of sex, religion, sect, place or time." "True true", Dave nodded in agreement. Then suddenly, disturbing the philosophical atmosphere, Dave almost shrieked as he remembered, "Oh damn, I had to meet her half an hour ago! What will she think if I go late!! I must bid adieu mon ami. Auf wiedersehen." "Hmmm, au revoir", Richard mumbled.

Comments

Jah said…
Its huge... Will read it now
Jah said…
Now there's a Helmet touch :D
The weekend mood catching on towards the end ??
San said…
@dasan: well, you asked for it! ;)... and about the weekend thing, I don't know what you're taking about :P :P

@cock: thanks, man for the compliment and the mini post.... btw there is a subtle thing in the post near that quake point. People say they have never seen two quake clans so close to each other... :D.

@Chesster : Just something about the language makes me want to learn it. Nothing with the future or the present in mind. No CAT prep and all; even MockCats I am not writing these days. As for GRE, DUDE, I am not apping... so why waste money writing the thing?
Anonymous said…
wonderful wonderful post!!
amrit said…
The way you put all these 20 points rocked!
San said…
@Anonymous : Thanks!

@Amrit : Yeah, it took a while to write the whole thing though.
Nilambar said…
the post rocks man!! ... and so does elisha :D ... btw u shud think of shiftin careers :) ... goin by the length of it, looks like u r really jobless in life :P
Gayatri said…
woh! helmet! bows down.. i was in splits after reading ur post..

kalakara chandru!
San said…
@Gautam: Agreed, on both counts :D. And yes. CS. 4th year. Me. All => Jobless only. :P

@ConFuSed: Thanks Thanks. btw Kalakarre Chandru is more applicable when I have a new car, a new house or a new wife. :))
Rajsekar said…
My 100 letters
^:)^

--
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who know binary and those who don't.
San said…
@ Raza: What 100 letters??
Rajsekar said…
100 in binary da.
The signature was supposed to insinuate that.
Anonymous said…
pseud way to put in the 21 points.

maybe you forgot to add this one

21. 23 is my random number

:)
San said…
@cc : Ya da... che. That too 23 is such a rocking number. CS23 is even more rocking ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!