Relative busyness and Hydrophilia

There are always two heads to a coin. Two views to an issue. Truth be told there are more than just two views but the build up is much better with two. Damn I lost the buildup. Grrr...Anyways there's the pessimists view and the optimists...

My situation through the eyes of a pessimist would be something like "too much work, hopeless, suicidal" and the like.Ok perhaps that sounded very pessimistic and slightly drunk. But with so many nefariously small activities coupled with larger obligations of a secretarial post, one does feel as if he is balancing the Earth on his shoulders.Atlas-like.

The one-who-seeth-the-cup-half-full will say I am leading a life of bliss. Utopian even. Theres seems to almost no work. With the new Lit Sec elected, all responsibilities seems to have disappeared (read redirected). A room in the 4th wing. Can life get any more peaceful? I mean really...this is crazy even for a Comp Sc stud...:P.

But I guess the truth of the matter is Im just too laidback to get things done systematically. Things like buying toothpaste seem to take forever. So perhaps instead of cribbing so much, I should just get a To-do-list and be more methodical. (Hehe. Its the thought that counts right?)

So anyways being relatively busy can be difficult. But one thing that is an excellent cure to any such cribworthy thought was the precipitation of water that befell the wonderful city of Chennai rather unexpectedly for a couple of days.

Rain. I dont know when my fascination with rain started. Ever since I can remember I have loved watching the drops of water falling from the ominously black clouds and smelling that distinctive and addictive wet sand smell. But for a long time I always harboured a special wish to get wet in the rain.

Maybe its that I never did it for so long or the inexplicable feeling that you get when you get drenched , but nowadays whenever it rains, even drizzles, I make it a point to take a walk and embrace the wonderful Act of God .:P.

People love the rain for myriad reasons.(I really cant get people who hate the rain...). But if there is someone who has never enjoyed a walk in the rain, baselessly or otherwise, all I can say is just try it. Its an awesome feeling. It will be beautiful. It always is.

Arigato and Sayonara,
Evangelist of the Rain God,
Me

Listening to Comfortably Numb

Comments

pisku said…
Never knew being Lit-Sec was so much "responsiblity"!! Ya in the end u just hope the new guy takes over soon haha.
And about the rain, I raised a lot of queer eyebrows when i folded my umbrella and happily let my shirt get soaked in rain. Ah that smell of the first rain u talk about... i'll kill to sniff it again!!

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!