Just Chill Chill Just Chill

Guess some hindi songs are still bearable. Some are quite good infact, for example the song "Dus Bahene" and the aforementioned song with the same name as the topic. Thankfully for you,me and all the people who I cant describe in better words, this post is not about songs.

Its about...

(drumrolls)

(sufficient throat clearing)

Thota and me

Whoever said "Third time's the charm" clearly didnt know that Thota and I exist.

Act 1 Scene 1 (I always wanted to do this, but heck who has the patience)
A crowded shopping mall appropriately called Forum. This place is one amazing place for anything you want to do : eat, shop, see movies and umm, anything else you consider worthy spending your time on. Well needless to say it was been the site of many a rendezvous, already, in the short time I've been here.
The incident in question was the second or third time for me there. I was supposed to meet up with Thota to watch some movie which eventually we didnt go to. In this modern age of cell phones one would hardly consider it irksome to find a friend even if it is in a densely infested region such as Forum. So phone call after phone call was made (totally 3?) before we reached a decision to meet up on the 2nd floor (?) near the area overlooking the central part of the mall. And when I reached there, I couldnt find him. Another call and we began discussing nearby landmarks like "Im standing next to a yellow dustbin da!" and "Im standing next to so-and-so shop da". Then Thota asked what colour t-shirt I was wearing. I realised I had heard him louder than before. And I turned 90' (no more) and there he was ,feverishly searching here and there for his friend (me). And I tapped him on the shoulder, lightly at first which he shooed away perhaps likening it to a fly, and then hard enough for our man to realise he who he was searching everywhere (but near him) was , well, next to him.

Act 2 Scene 1
A deserted unknown road. Time is 11:30ish. Two strangers to a strange land. The exceitment of seeing the Champions League Finals after overcoming much obstacles keeps me going.
Again the cellphone conversation.This time it directs us (us refers to Rahul, a fellow intern and me) to 7th main,18th cross road.
Me : "Hello tho? I am here da.Where are you?"
Tho : "Oh you're here...I'm coming" (sounds as if he just got up)
Me : "So I'm on 18th cross...standing by the yellow thing which says 18th..."
Tho : "Wait da. Yeah me too." (Pause) "Where are you?"
Me : "Dei.I told na..."
Tho : "I can't see you da? Are you sure you're in the correct 7th main?"
Me : "What there are 2? Useless fellow..."
(I ask the auto driver ,who is inevitably ,just to make the situation idyllic, drunk, and he replies that he has no idea)
Me : "There is a flag here da"
Tho : "What flag da?"
Me : "I dont know da...its kannada..."
Tho : "Ok wait .. did a vehicle pass you? "
Me : "No...only a scooty..."
Tho : "Thu. Did you come by auto? "
Me : "Ya da. Dei hi da " (He is standing some 50 metres away from me looking the other way)
Tho : "Man! how come you didnt see the bike da? I asked you na?"
Me : "Idiot. It was a scooty. It was a scooty right?" (turns to Rahul)
Rahul : "Yes" (perhaps laughing so much on the inside at the idiocy of these two IITians...)

Act 3 Scene 1 (The proverb-contradictor)
Imagine beautiful blue water. Waves rippling through. A dozen or so highly enthusiastic thrill seekers climbing on inflated plastic tyres . :D. Thats Water World, Club Cabana. Awesome place. (Really enjoyed myself except for the part that for a moment all us interns were standing out of the water in our make-do swimming wear (basically our shorts) with no idea where Rency, our in-charge was... in retrospection that was fun too :P)
So anyways, just about to leave, I place a call to Thota coz I knew he was there too.
(Again the dialogue format, its easier)
Me : "Tho Where are you da?"
Tho : "Im in the restaurant. You?"
Me : "Im leaving the water world da.Super fun da"
Tho : "Dei wait da. Im coming there only...Can you see the artificial wave thing?"
Me : "Ya da ... I'm in front of it."
Tho : "No da Im in front of it"
Me : "Wait" (Walked slightly ahead) "I cant see you da"
Tho : "I cant see you either...what are you wea"(interrupted)
Me : "I think this is going to be our third time da. Just look close by"
Tho and Me (simultaneously as we found each other, one at foot of a stairs and the other at the top looking onto the wave area ) : "Give up da..."

So...a lot of narrations and blogistically licensed exaggeration later, I hence prove third time need not be the charm unless you include a PS saying "subject to market risks and Chaos Theory". You never know when a butterfly is going to flap its wings...

And hey chew on this...


Comments

senti said…
very funny!!

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

C'est la vie