To believe or not to believe

MUST SEE THIS!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/timeline.aspx

It seems rather sad when something like this happens; I don't know who to believe. Schapelle Corby ? By the video which you would have probably just seen you would not hesitate to agree with me that her innocence is obvious. Or perhaps you aren't like me , so easy and so gullible.

The fact of the matter is one, I really think that 20 years of imprisonment is too much for someone who I believe to be innocent. I don't remember where I heard this (I think it was one of the episodes of JAG which ironically I neither watched much or liked much) : It is better to let 10 guilty men go free than put one innocent man in jail. Man/woman. Whatever. I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel if confronted with a similar situation. Unknown country. Gone on holiday! Unknown people, unknown language, ... my God, for the love of all that I find imperfect in my life, I would never exchange it for something like that.

That said, a more scary thought comes to mind. I just imagined what if that girl wasnt innocent, wasnt the victim of a domestic drug deal, wasnt all that the above video and all her actions make her out to be. What if , and this is a big if for me even to imagine because I am so convinced of her innocence however baseless and based on but the above video, What if she really is a drug dealer. And if she is a drug dealer, then by the amount of drugs found on her, she would be really a big one. Or involved with a really big drug ring. Which is scary because that just goes to show how no one is trustable. Trust noone? If all this was but a charade, then a pretty good acting job might I add, then isnt that really showing on my human tendency to be oh-so-gullible? Or is it just me who seems so affected by this video?

One of my friends sent this as a link to me and I dont think even he thought much of it.Or he didnt show. He just said something goofy like "I'm going to buy one more lock" or something like that. Pity. Humanity seems devoid of the most basic of humane values. Pitiful indeed.

I really wasn't going to write today. I thought I'd leave office early and catch a good movie or continue reading my book. Or even go to sleep rather early. But somehow this thing caught my attention and what can I say, I was shocked, moved, taken aback and finally frightened into writing this post. May seem rather insipid to someone reading this but to him/her I would just like to say Go to Hell, you misanthropic son-of-a-bitch.

I could go on to write about the fun weekend I had and all that about the fun life Im leading. But somehow it wouldnt be right. Would sound rather hypocrtical to end on such a note.

Tragical. Reminds me of George Bernard Shaw somehow...

There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it.


Huh, I dont get how its applicable here either.

Comments

Have you heard the new Aussie slang for a $20 note?

A "Schapelle!"
senti said…
amazing da...what unbelievable roles destiny can play with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

C'est la vie