What more do I have to say?

I have long harboured an ultimate truth of life.I have been very safe by saying AN ultimate truth and not THE because there are ,I feel, many ultimate truths ,though finite, knowing all of which one can understand the ultimate question---the meaning of life.(I dont know what useful things I have learnt since coming to IIT but I sure as hell have learnt to put a lot of crap).

As I was saying about this ultimate truth of life.It goes something like this.For every "good" thing that happens in your life there is an equivalent "bad" thing which happens.Note that I say good and bad in quotes for the reason that clearly these adjectives are far too relative not to be used without the quotes.And I know most of the critics would go phooey to my idea but its true.The reason that people dont notice this is that whenever something good happens we are likely to forget the bad things which preceded it though this could take some time and if the bad event were to follow the good event we would forget the latter in an instant.Its true,believe me,its true.

And hence I have this notion of the "RubberBand Effect".The degree of the goodness in the event is the extent to which the rubber band is stretched before it inevitably breaks and strikes you in the ass.Pain it will.

And thus you now know one of the ultimate truths in life.Trivial to some.Biblical to others.

On other matters, the last quiz didnt go well today(understatement).Perhaps now an understanding of why I wrote the previous paragraphs can be ascertained.

Que Sara Sara...

Finally useless trivia fascintes me.For all your viewing pleasure.

Swans are the only birds with penises.
Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Polar bears are left handed.
A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before it starves to death.
Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack
Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
The most common name used in the world is Mohammed.
Every year more than 2500 left handed people are killed from using right handed products
When you hear someone uttering Oh-Oh while flushing the toilet, it is
already too late.
Rats and horses cannot puke
If you force your eyes open while sneezing they can fall out of your head.
Thoughout the world,23% of the problems of a photocopiing machine are caused by people that tried to photocopy their butt
On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament Building is an American flag.
The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie
Cat's urine glows under a black light
In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies,including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours


I reiterate.Totally useless trivia.

Comments

San said…
Grrrrr........

Which is the incorrect part?Why?

Grrrrr........

(emphasising my current mood)

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!

Hey, I lost a week somewhere