Smorgasbord of thoughts

Sometimes when I have nothing to do I begin to just think.You know, just think.About anything.From there on thoughts drift.From one topic to another I begin to reflect and dream about various things.

Take for instance poetry.After seeing Dead Poets Society (old movie : good movie) I decided I shall start reading more poetry.I kept it up for max 2 days. (By now someone who knows me well should have guessed that).But that isnt the point.Helmet realised he has written poems of his own.In the past.On his comp.Why? I seriously don't know.When? Again, ich weiss nicht.How? If they are accepted as poems once again I cannot see how.

So he talks so much being able to write poems.Maybe all he wrote was The cat sat on a mat eating a rat .All hooey-pooey if you ask me.

Fear not I shall reveal these pieces of crap to you:

Untitled Poem #1
I was walking down the road
Without a care in the world
When a man walked up to me
And to me my face he told

"Life is Wonderful, you are blessed
But into unknown dangers do not head
Just do what is right and what you are told
At the end of the day youll have the gold."

I continued walking down the road
Thinking about what the man had said
When a guy looking much like me
Stopped me looking half dead

"Lifes painful and Lifes a bitch
If you are neither famous nor rich
Just chill out and live for the day
Do what your instinct says"

So further I walked along the road
Confused by the two opposing thoughts
When a beautiful girl comes up to me
Need I say my stomach in knots

"Hey there pretty boy, confused by life?
All you need is a pretty wife
Wholl tell you what and when to do
And in return you remain true"

So onward marched I without a clue
Down the dusty trodden road
When I reached a large gigantic mirror
A vision of me therein glowed

"So what have you seen and what have you heard
Have you the truth of life even slightly neared?
How to live life pray tell thee
So that every man can live without misery"

I stopped and pondered over this query
FOr I knew not how to aptly answer
But then I must try to essay my ideas
Though I guess many people might differ

Everyone has a different aim
For this life, an enigma,a game
For some its fun and for some its pain
Its different for all like the sun and rain

Theres no one way to lead ones life
Its more like borrowed time on loan
So let him be and let him see
For each his own For each his own

If that much isnt too much to digest how about this one, (seriously I dont know know why you even try)

Nameless Poem #2

Out of the egg came the worm,
Caterpillar more it was,
It was hungry and how at that,
But sated with the leaves b'ween its jaws.

In this world of eternal hunger,
The caterpillar had had its share,
Thus it was happy and content,
Ready to die then and there.

Soon the insect decided to sleep,
In a house called a cocoon he lay,
Thus in that blisful state troubleless it remained,
Day after day, day after day.

In this world of discontent and sorrow,
In this world it was, without a care
It was happy and satisfied,
Ready to die then and there.

Months later it reemerged
From its self-exile it returned,
As a beatiful majestic butterfly it appeared,
And it could fly high soon it learned.

But once it knew it could fly,
It wanted to live forever and ever,
For it wanted to fly higher and higher,
And a stop to this it wanted never.

In this world of fame and power,
The puny insect had smelt success,
Alas as it happens when you least expect it,it stopped flying
For Fate could care less, Fate could care less.

Im sorry for all the pain I put you through.But I was sleisha shocked to see these two poems hidden away in some corner of my comp.So thought better to post it.

Anyways on to hopefully the less painful part of the post.Saw the movies Page 3 and Black.The former was more of a low budget film trying to portray reality in all its "glory" and remained true to the cause.It was good, perhaps not great.Good acting performances and decent entertainment.

There comes along a movie once in a while which leaves you rather speechless.Like say Anbe Sivam or Requiem for a Dream (sorry cant have enough of that movie).I mean after the movie you feel for the people in the movie and you feel for people like them.Black is definitely one such movie.Scores high on my must-see-movies list.Basically without revealing much about the movie, lets just say it deals with a slightly unrealistic story presented in such a realistic and brilliant way with mindblowing acting that at the end of the day you know that devoid of songs and fights it may not gel well with the masses, but its one for the critics.I repeat, MUST-SEE.

(Personally I hate giving good reviews especially when people come back and say, "No da It was horrible".But then this was very good.I had to.So let the brickbats flow...:D)

Last but not the least, I found an old fav of mine which I had been looking for.Brilliant song.Awesome lyrics.Its called "Suncreen-Graduation Song" by Baz Luhrmann.Ill leave you with some words from the song...

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’99
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be
it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by
scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
than my own meandering
experience…I will dispense this advice now.
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will notunderstand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded.
But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and
recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before
you and how fabulous you really looked…

Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm
on some idle Tuesday.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you
succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe
you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky
chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t
congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your
choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.

Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you
should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and
lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you
knew when you were young.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who
supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of
fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the
ugly parts and recycling it for more than
it’s worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen…




Comments

Mercury said…
You know, it's not at all as bad as one might think after reading it once..;-) And I've read lots of poetry..that's not to say it's like keats or byron or anybody..butit's nice..

Simple..but nice nevertheless.

And about baz luhrmann's song..it's been one of my favourites for a long time..It's plainly put...but oh, So much of truth..So much of truth.
San said…
Thanks for being so nice.:D.

Dead Poets Society was a very good movie .

And yes so much truth.Enough to live a life by...

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!

Hey, I lost a week somewhere