Ergo Ego

This post is being written rather hastily due to one specific reason. I shall reveal the same shortly.

Sometimes when I sit in class I come up with rather amusing questions.Like say, how much time would it take to rocket jump from the bottom of the LHC to the 2nd floor or why some people write the letter 'o' clockwise while others go counterclockwise or is there any optimal solution to the tic-tac-toe problem. But once in a way, I also come up with a profound question.One which is worthy of much reflection and discussion.

So a few days back, I was sitting in class, when I asked myself "How did ego originate?". The concept of doing something to satisfy one's ego is quite common . But was is the basis for this? Why does man need an ego? What does ego do to elevate a person? Corrollarily, how does one know what "satisfies" one's ego and what "dissatisfies" it?

For the record, I was in no altered state while thinking the above. Nor am I an intellectual capable of making great psychoanalytical statements. All I can say is sometimes things just happen. No reason required.

Having said so much, I must explain the haste in writing this post. A few days ago, I approached one of the "great" thinkers of Narmad ( interpret as you must), EP and asked him the question. He looked at me quizzingly and said, "We've farted so much but we have never broached this topic.Interesting ... ".Or something to that effect. And today, he said he'd rather put a post on his blog than answer me in person.

So , being one whose ego has to be satisfied constantly, I find it of utmost significance to put this post before EP. Well, what do you know, seems the reason fits quite well with the post. :D.

So anyways.EGO.Hmm. I always seem to associate the same with a balloon.Perhaps drawing a parallel to the inflation or deflation of the same. Quite a silly idea now that I think about it...

Sadly I have not found a convincing answer to my questions.As I said, the post was just put up to prove a point.Bah humbug...

I have had many theories put forth to me, significant ones being from ED and PTM.However perhaps because I am unable to comprehend their answers and/or I think its crap , I refrain from mentioning the same. However, if someone is willing to put forth a convincing enough hypothesis I would be very grateful.Anyone except EP that is...


Talking about Ego, I havent slept much in the last 3 days.(I know there is no connection between the two, but how else can I include the above info ;) ).One day I stay up to see When Harry Met Sally.The reason I saw the same is to counteract the bitter feeling that A Prelude to a Kiss left me with.And I didnt want the last Meg movie I saw to be a potential Top 10 Shadiest movie.Hence. And yesterday, had to stay up for the Real match. And today, will have to stay up for the ManU match. Yeah pack the quizzes.(gulp).

The above para was added just to show off that I have been sleeping late. There was no neccessity for me to have included this in this post.But since I have already included it, I rather let it remain.

The things I do to satisfy my ego...sheesh.

Comments

EP/ UK said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EP/ UK said…
Perhaps your haste is the reason why the post does not touch upon the actual topic of contention, even remotely, except of course for mentioning it.

Pinch of salt! Pinch of salt!
Now....the phenomenon (for lack of a better word, I prefer calling it that) of ego in the true sense of the word is not something that you create around yourself superficially (like you have done vis-a-vis your haste), but has deeper connotations and implications than a layman can possibly fathom. More about this in my blog (you cant stop me can you?). Your case was simple and trivial silly childishness.;-)
San said…
I did mention the fact that I had no idea about ego.I had to write the post to prove it was my question ; in other words to inflate my ego ~ true about the silly childishness :D.

And about "you cant stop me can you?" - even bad publicity is publicity I guess...
EP/ UK said…
???...I didnt get you...bad publicity?
San said…
bad publicity ~ shamelessly canvassing for your blog through my blog :P. And you are sleisha potrayed as a plagiarist right? Irrespective, its publicity.Thats what I was trying to say (if you are still bulbing ask me in person; enough of comment chatting)

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!

Hey, I lost a week somewhere