Abracadabra

"Molly, do you believe in witches and wizards?", asked Ken, rather nonchalantly, as they sat down on a bench overlooking the placid Lake Trepton.
"Witches? Wizards? What do you mean?", retorted Molly , as she turned towards him, with a quizzical look on her face.
"Well, like those in the classic movies. The Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter. Chronicles of Narnia."
"I suppose I don't believe them. I mean, I would like to believe..."
Keb interrupted her, "Pity. Wouldn't it be rather cool if they true? The creatures, the mystical artifacts, all those stuff in the books..."
"Books? I thought you were talking about some movies?"
"Molly dear, all of them are books made into movies. Surely you have read the books?"
"No, I havent. I have seen all the movies though. I really like the Lord of the Rings trilogy..."
"That is quite sad. You haven't read the books? Those masterpieces of literature. Their ability to transform one into a completely different world of fantasy and fiction and yet, at the same time, in such a way, that the reader actually believes everything as if it were reality. You tell me you haven't read Harry Potter? It hit the world by storm when it released. Some fifty years ago I think. "
"I tried reading the book but I couldn't get far. Too big...."
"Sheesh... I really feel sorry for all of us. We don't read anything at all, everything is read to us. Damn all these transspeechliterators. They are killing books. Bibliophiles like me should start a revolution..."
"Like your other revolutions? What were they? Ban All NUts BUt PeanUts (BANUBUPU), Death fOr Democracies, Dictators LivE(DODDLe)..."
"Hmph. You philistines will never understand the onus is always on us revolutionaries. If it wasn't for the first person to start Anti COffee RevolutioN (ACORN), we would still be drinking that horrible excuse for a liquid, so innocently termed coffee. I shudder to think how the world would be if we still had legal coffee..."
"True. True. But I heard that some countries still grow coffee. Illegally of course..."
"Blasted Universal Stigmata Asses.... all they care about is themselves. They ought to be chastised more. I always thought they should have been punished more at the end of World War 3."
"Ken, it was a revolution which led to the World War 3 if you remember correctly. The Bush Revolution after the legendary President."
"Well, a black sheep of a revolution. I agree."
"Hmm, yeah..."
"Well anyways we were talking about books weren't we, before we so rudely meandered onto other things. I remember the first time I read the Chronicles of Narnia. I still vouch for their brilliance, perhaps even better than the LOTR trilogy. That summer when I got those seven books from my aunt were so memorable..."
"Ah, phooey Ken."
"Hmm, you insipid indolent imbecile. Wow, an amusing alliteration. Wow, again..."
"Stop it. Fool."
"Well, I suppose you're one of those ignaramuses who claim the movies were much better. The acting adds to the entertainment. Book are merely to be read. A picture is worth a thousand words. Yada yada yada, blah blah blah..."
"Of course. A book pales before a movie. The movie brings to life characters you have faint figures of in your head..."
"Do you even have an imagination..."
"Shut up and let me continue. As I was saying, it creates real people out of fictional individuals. And even you can't deny that having seen the movies, when you read those books, you relate the actors as you visualise the scene. Don't you?"
"Well, sometimes yes. But..."
"Sshhh. And there are some rather unnecessary details in the books which have to be edited..."
"Aaah, I can no longer remain silent at your stupidity. Those "unnecessary" details are the intricate complications added by the author. They play around in your head twisting what you have read with what could be. It adds depth to the story. And at times leaves interesting detours to what you thought was a cul-de-sac."
"Foolish mortal, you dare question me!", shouted Molly as she metamorphosised into a huge reddish brown monster with long spiked tail and a couple of intimidating forked tongues. "Do I believe in witches and wizards you asked? Hahaha... I still don't. But I do believe in..."
"Wamburs.", said Ken, matter-of-factly. His face had been stoic during this time, which was misinterpreted by Molly as him being at a loss of words being shell-shocked. It was anything but.
"Wambur I am" , Molly continued with a lower voice and looking distressed. But then suddenly she pounced forward with all her fangs and claws ready to attack.
Ken mumbled something in a language similar to Elvish. He looked up at this gargantuan excuse for a creature and smiled. *Snap*. He snapped his fingers.
"Wamburs are no match for Wizards", Ken stated as Molly disintegrated into invisible specks of dust. "She should have read her books."
Ken got up and went home, having completed his Defense Against Dark Arts homework successfully.

Comments

amrit said…
Look I just made a trip to the future! Nice one...
bharath said…
padichu mudikkarthukkulla, vayasu ayidum polarke
San said…
@Amrit: Back to the future... ;)

@Cock: Yes I totally don't understand the comment :P

@Bhaand: Me dont get your comment fully, but unnaku enna vayasu problema? :D

Popular posts from this blog

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

C'est la vie