Here comes the Sun...

Know the sun? That yellow ball of fire in the sky glowing all day and sleeping all night? That without which such significant processes like photosynthesis, vitamin-d generation, cloth-drying in most parts of the non-concrete-jungle world, solar cookers, solar heaters, solar eclipses and the like are but figments of a deluded mind. That which can drive a sane mind insane and an insane mind insaner.

Oh so you don't know the sun? Just go outside for a couple of minutes. Look up. For a couple of seconds or more. Got blinded by some bright light? That's the sun.

So anyways, Ra seems to be really angry these days. Or is it really happy? Whichever, he seems to be showing his love for Chennai. In multitudes. And it doesn't help the Rain God gives a rat's ass about Singara Chennai with visits more infrequent than me attending my pass-fail course.


I thought I would write this post from a cozy terminal in the computer science DCF,which by the way is one best hidden places in all of insti and has airconditioning which feels ambrosiac in this intolerable weather but then I decided against it for two reasons. One, I am too lazy to go there. Two, who the fuck is going to cycle in the sun? On another realted thought, I can't really understand people who want to travel to hot places for their vacation. I mean, seriously, you go to a place which is HOT !?! I guess in quite a similar way those inane fools can't understand we who would rather spend our time in colder places.On much reflection, I would rather freeze to death than die from a heat stroke. No, I really mean that. There's a scientific reason to it too. Atleast if you freeze there may one day be a landmark scientific development wherein frozen people can be brought back to life. I don't imagine people dieing from heat strokes getting a second chance at life.

I pride myself in my sanity...

Since the holidays started last week, I thought it was smooth sailing. I thought I could sleep early, get up late, indulge in food,silly animated charcters from Animax and Pogo and all that I didn't have time for during the semester. And well, I sort of did. All was fine. Except for one small obstacle. A presentation for a certain course. Wait, before you reach unsolicited conclusions as to the nature of the course let me tell you it was perhaps the best course last sem.Reason? No quizzes,No midsem, No endsem, No assignments.Yes none of that. But a presentation. I did finally get it done today (for which I stayed the night at the hostel which was fun). Well now I can safely say ,(clears his throat)," My semester is done."

With but two days to go til I reach Bangalore, I am trying to remind myself constantly that's its a internship and not a vacation. What can I do if they are providing me free accommodation in a service apartment? And send me mails telling me that I shouldn't bring any formal wear since they are very casual people? And send me another mail telling me that the office timings start at 11 and requesting me not to come earlier since the office will be empty otherwise? And paying me money on top of all of this? Really, can you blame me?

I really dont know how often I will updating the virtual representation of the random train of thoughts that so uniquely and ,most of the times, tackily personify he who people call Helmet.
So I shall I have to suitably convey my feelings now that this post is coming to a rather natural death.

Which is to say, sayanora for now.

Comments

Jah said…
I was actually close to dying of heat stroke today...
Reached hyd... :D
Anonymous said…
reached chennai today.your previous blog was wonderful!
yaar,helmet you are placed so beautifully in bangalore that i cannot hide my jealousy.i have nothing write!imagine 2 months!you said only two minutes.and now comes the topping of all-no water in hostel-power cut.if
someday cable goes i will jump from my
floor.my consolation is goda.best of luck for anything if you find it.. utilising your joblessness.

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!