And then it ended

Roughly a month ago, the protagonist of this most wonderful blog made a resolution never to touch any form of alcohol. Initially the resolution was meant to last forever but circumstances and scoffing friends and a hopeless will later the resolution ended up lasting only for a month. Which is to say yesterday was really fun ;).

There was so much hype about Zaras. Supposed to be awesome and all...So obviously when we made a plan to go there on saturday we were all very excited. But then saturdays are supposed to be very busy and the plan was quite abruptly shifted to friday night. Truth be told almost all of us (today us refers to Dasan, Kamesh, Metro, Senti and me) were doing something or the other when the plan was chalked up. I had a 4-a-side footer match (hurrah for me I got a hattrick vs some freshie team who were playing for the first time). Senti was conducting the matches. Metro was off to Adyar to repair his cell and Dasan was ummm... out. So I hadnt even imagined that it could happen.But it did.

When we made up the plan there was one problem. Dasan wasnt wearing shoes. So we had to actually take him some arbit shoes(of Chottus) which he would wear just before he entered. And the auto ride in which we went to the place was memorable. A drunk auto driver. Man, that guy went on about stuff. About Chandramukhi, about Danush and Rajini, about how he was the head of Shakeela fan club (!?!) and other really insane stuff. I was glad we reached the place in one piece coz for most of the journey his hands were flying wildly in the air trying to gesticulate something or the other. As all this was happening I also successfully made a small bakra out of Das. (btw Belated Happy April Fools Day).

So anyways Zaras was awesome. The ambience, the service, the people. Everything. The live music :P. Just awesome. Most of us went for the martini first up. The Bond experience. I really dont know whether it was shaken or stirred. And on the advice of the more experienced, we all had the pepper vodka shot which was terrific. Senti and I had two while Metro and Kamesh experimented with a tequilla shot. Supposedly quite strong.And we actually smoked some twenty cigarettes between us. And yes , none of us smoke...:P. Anyways, at the end of the day when the bill came up and we all checked and rechecked the 3000 odd bill, we realised we didnt have so much cash on us :O. Thankfully Metro had a debit card which was a relief. We still have to pay up to him though...:D.

And when we got to the insti, we walked back the whole distance to the hostels. Walked? Yeah you could call it that. There were times when Metro and Kamesh suddenly stopped to do pushups, when I started running really wildly, when Metro and I hugged trees et al. I cant remember much after this though but I did wake up at ~6 in Metros room alongside Senti.

But it was fun...all fun.

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it. Sometimes when my less indulgant friends look at me as if Im mad. Hmmm... sometimes I wonder...

On that highly pschoanalytical note I bid adieu...

PS: A bit of wisdom learnt yesterday... Vodka means "Little Water". Just thought it worth mentioning...

PPS: New method to flaunt the music I listen to:
*drums*

Currently hooked to Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

*cough*not very impressive "new method"*cough*

Comments

bharath said…
now i know the context ur tea time talk this evening...
Jah said…
an evening well'spent'...
Anonymous said…
helmet you write good blogs.keep it up.-senti
Anonymous said…
helmet you write good blogs.keep it up.-senti
San said…
To Bhaand : so you were conversing without knowing what we were talking about ? Lol.

To Senti : Thanks da.You are one of my inspirations :P...
bharath said…
helmet, well i knew one half of the story that night only while i was coming to ur wing for something i dont know what. the full logical connection was established after this post...

go-read-my-blog...
Shamanth said…
Yellmutt my boy, good ra. That's the spirit.
Mercury said…
Priceless da...lol...Heard some of the kathai...so much for abstinence...
Gayatri said…
wats with u dude?? hugging tv sets.. hugging trees.. i wonder wats next in the line!! lol

Popular posts from this blog

Abracadabra

Hey, I lost a week somewhere

Requiem for a Blog…. Naah, You’re a Rockstar!